The Senior Care Center wants all of our participants to have a heartwarming experience at our Adult Day Care. Please make note of the following requirements. Do not hesitate to call us at (540)483-8000 if you have questions.
General Eligibility Requirements
- At least 55 years of age (special consideration for those under 55)
- All persons must be 18 years of age or older
- Under the care of a physician
- Physically or mentally impaired to the point where it interferes with activities of daily living
- Maintaining a level of function through preventive services
- Likelihood of deterioration of individual’s condition that may lead to institutionalization
The following items are required for admission:
- History of a physical
- List of current medications
- TB Test
- Copies of insurance cards
Adult Day care Services may be free or paid for if you qualify for Medicaid, VA or private insurance. Please call to see if you qualify.
Persons applying for enrollment must attend a pre-enrollment interview/assessment. If necessary, a trial day may be scheduled and continued assessment will determine enrollment eligibility.
Interested participants can arrange a visit to the Senior Care Center. The visit will allow you to get an up close view of a typical day at the Senior Care Center. The tour is held on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The tour includes an opportunity to participate in Adult Day Care activities and join us for a morning snack and a full lunch. To arrange a tour, please call us at (540)483-8000.
Complete the packet of forms required by our license. Your primary physician needs to complete the VDSS Report of Participant Physical Examination. The form must be completed and signed. The following must also be completed.
- VDSS Report of Tuberculosis Screening Form or Health Department Tuberculosis form TB512 (must be signed)
- Bring forms in for review by the Assistant Director and review Plan of Care (Recreation, Therapeutics, Medical Management, ADL))
- Complete VDSS Participant Assessment Form
- Complete Authorization to Release Confidential Information to medical personnel
- Schedule your desired days
- Review financial arrangements and sign Enrollment Agreement
- Work with SCC to arrange transportation if needed
- Get a participant handbook
- See the activity calendar and the meal calendar
- Call the Senior Care Center at 540-483-8000 and ask questions. We are here to help you with your Adult Day Care enrollment.
How to Pay for Adult Day Care?
One of the questions families always ask is who pays for Adult Day Care services? State of Virginia Medicaid Waiver programs pay for these services if participants meet certain criteria.
Payment Assistance Programs
- Medicaid – Virginia Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction (EDCD) Waiver
- Non-Medicaid Programs – Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver
- Virginia Auxiliary Grants (AG) for Assisted Living and Adult Foster Care
- Paying Out of Pocket for Adult Day Care
- Veterans – VHA Medical Benefits, Veterans Pensions and Veteran’s Directed Care
The Senior Care Center works with the Southern Area on Aging to offer Senior Citizens an alternative to nursing homes. The center offers social programs such as bingo, board games, movies, exercise, discussion groups and health screening 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Senior Center staff can help navigate the many assistance programs available for participants. For an assessment and a trial period at the Senior Care Center, please call 540-483-8000 or send email to: email@example.com.
Senior Care Center ©All Rights Reserved
453 South Main Street/ Rocky Mount, VA firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Care Center is licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services