The Senior Care Center Adult Day Care provides a place for Seniors to go who live at home but may need supervised care during the day. The Adult Day Care center offers numerous engaging, recreational and therapeutic services. Our adult day care services give enjoyment, entertainment and companionship enabling participants to engage with peers. We have a wide variety of activities going on. Cognitive stimulation is a primary program focus. Activities such as monopoly, scrabble and other games with pattern recognition and repetitive interaction can help with a failing memory.
Word games and card games help to exercise participant’s minds. Seniors can take a break at scheduled times during the day and shoot the breeze with friends or watch a movie while snacking on popcorn. Seniors are also provided with opportunities to perform routine tasks for themselves in a safe environment. Medical assistance is provided enabling participants to visit with a Registered Nurse and transportation for visits to their physician. Our Adult Day Care Center provides programs for the elderly with medical conditions including dementia, Alzheimer’s, stroke recovery, diabetes, heart disease and common aging-related issues such as frailty.
Social interaction includes:
- Group discussion – engaging dialogue is encouraged to stimulate a lively exchange of information on many topics
- Guest Speakers – a plethora of local and national intellect is drawn upon to enhance activities at the center
- Arts & Crafts – participants will be able to display their works of art
- Board Games – over ten popular board games are available
- Live entertainment – various talented individuals and groups are contacted to bring song and dance to the center
- Social programs -music, dancing and activities which build friendships and companionship
- Bible Study – a circle of fellowship is provided through study
- Wi-Fi – computer skills are encouraged and enhanced with hands on training
Mind & Body Therapeutics
- Exercises – activity which strengthen the body such as stretching and chair aerobics
- Relaxation Techniques – the participant is introduced to deep breathing and meditation
- Medication Management – a Plan of Care ensures the participants medication routine is followed
- Memory enhancement activities – ongoing interaction to learn something new helps with memory retention
- Nursing Services – Registered Nurse (RN) and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) on staff to constantly monitor health concerns
- Health Screenings – Ongoing medical assessment is provided by an Registered Nurse
- Social Worker Services – in strictest confidentiality a social worker on staff helps to resolve participant concerns
- Trips – transportation is provided for physician appointments to local offices or hospital
Lunch & Refreshments
A delicious, nutritious lunch is provided at 12 noon. Snacks are served in the morning at 10 a.m. and in the afternoon at 2 p.m. at the Senior Care Center.
Transportation to and from the center is provided through local transportation (paratransist), Senior Care Center transportation (doorstep to doorstep), or medicare.
We love serving our community
Whether it is arts and crafts day, scrapbooking view time, dancing, exercising, game day, movie hour, or a birthday celebration, the companionship and the stimulation contribute greatly to the overall health of our participants. We love servicing our community and we diligently work to ensure it is reflected in the wellbeing of center participants. To get a full view of our services request an Activity Calendar and a Meal Calendar from our Staff.
Senior Care Center ©All Rights Reserved
453 South Main Street/ Rocky Mount, VA email@example.com
The Senior Care Center is licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services